Hey guys, I’m looking to study the effects of intermittent fasting from a practical perspective!! While much research has been conducted on the subject already, the goal of this study is to investigate the effects of fasting on normal folk like us, to see how quickly our bodies can adapt to a sudden change in diet, and of course, to kick-start the new year by helping you guys achieve the shape you want!!
The entirety of the study is conducted on a voluntary basis, and hence the results will depend on your performance. Here’s the methodology that I’ll be using for the study, keeping it short and simple:
- Sign up here. I’ll be in touch through email/Facebook and we’ll discuss your lifestyle and how you can effectively implement intermittent fasting into it.
- You will perform a 12-12 fast (12 hours fast, 12 hours feeding window) for a week to get your body accustomed to functioning in a fasted state. Prior to starting the fast, I’d like for you to weigh yourself and log it.
- During the first week of fasting, I would like for you to conduct 3-4 sessions of exercise, all of which can be either 30-45 minutes of strength training or cardio.
- I will check in with you every day and keep track of your performance, and provide feedback if necessary. It is imperative that you stay focused during this time period and stick to the plan to maximize the effectiveness of the fast.
- At the end of the first week, I will check in with you again, and together we’ll review your progress.
- Some other factors that may help improve your performance (that being the weight that you can lose): cutting out sugar, a focus on strength training, and keeping hydrated.
That’s about it for now, see you around. Wherever you are, have a nice day!
Sign up link: https://goo.gl/forms/qxbTyJnz78zKasMT2